Saturday, October 17, 2009

Catching up on my Heath Ledger movies

After watching (500) Days of Summer last week, and completely going ga-ga over Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I couldn't shake off how much Joseph reminded me of Heath Ledger, and honestly, shivers ran down my spine. I love Heath, and honestly, his death was a huge loss to the movie industry. Young, charismatic, talented actors are so difficult to come by, and honestly, Heath had so much more to give.

And then I realized that I've actually never seen all of Heath's films, and making a list always makes me feel better - and it's a good way for me catch up on Heath's films before The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus opens in Singapore!

Heath Ledger Movies That I've Seen
  1. The Dark Knight (2008)
  2. I'm Not There. (2007)
  3. Casanova (2005)
  4. Brokeback Mountain (2005)
  5. The Brothers Grimm (2005)
  6. The Order (2003)
  7. The Four Feathers (2002)
  8. A Knight's Tale (2001)
  9. The Patriot (2000)
  10. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

Of the above, Brokeback Mountain is my all time top 10 movies, but I'll always have a soft spot for Heath in 10 Things I Hate About You - swept me off my feet with his rendition of Can't Take My Eyes Off You. Coincidentally, the movie also stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt! PS: I have a soft spot for cute men who can sing - Ewan, Robbie, Heath, Joseph.




Heath Ledger Movies That I've Yet To See

Note: I'm only listing movies where Heath plays the lead or a strong supporting actor.
  1. Two Hands (1999)
    Heath plays Jimmy, who finds himself in debt to a local gangster when some gang loot disappears and sets him on the run from thugs.

  2. Monster's Ball (2001)

  3. Ned Kelly (2003)
    With Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom and Naomi Watts, Heath portrayed real-life Australian outlaw Ned Kelly who was considered an outlaw by some because he defied colonial authorities.

  4. Lords of Dogtown (2005
    The movie is about a group of brilliant young skateboarders raised in the mean streets of Dogtown in Santa Monica, California. Emile Hirsch is in the movie too!

  5. Candy (2006)
    Heath plays a poet who falls in love with an art student (played by Abbie Cornish). Hooked on heroin, their relationship alternates between states of oblivion, self-destruction, and despair.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home