Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Michael Jackson's "This Is It" Singapore screening


So while thousands around the world lined up last week to get their hands on tickets for the advanced screening of Michael Jackson's This Is It on Oct 27 in the US, I was left wondering - "Do I really want to watch this?" After all, I did grow up listening to the King of Pop and have always been in awe of his musicality and smoooth moves - do I really want to mar this memory by watching a so-called documentary made up of bits & pieces of rehearsal footage from what would have been the King's last concert?

The answer? I do. I need the closure. I definitely don't want the image of Jackson's body being transported out of his home to be my last image of him, it just wouldn't be fair. I don't want my memory of him to be clouded by the controversy over his autopsy or how Joe Jackson is desperately trying to milk the last dime off his dead son.

So tomorrow night, I will be among the lucky few who will be catching "This Is It" at the gala premiere in Singapore, organized by Klik.tv. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get my hands on the goodies from the gala premiere, spotted over at @izreloaded's TwitPic. PS: Snaps for you if you tried getting your hands on one of the 10 pairs of tickets via the Sony Ericsson and Klik.tv contest.


Both Golden Village and Cathay are screening "This Is It" for a very limited run from 29 October - 4 November, so be sure to get your tickets! Check out the trailer below. Slip on that single glitter-adorned glove, roll up those white bobby socks and button up that MJ-inspired jacket and say a proper, tearful goodbye to the King of Pop.

On a side note, check out what Elizabeth Taylor had to say about "This Is It" via her Twitter, @DameElizabeth. He was loved, for sure.

@DameElizabeth: You owe it to yourselves and your loved ones to see this again and again. Memorize it and say to yourselves, "I saw genius in my lifetime"

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Angelene Tang said...

*teeheheee to my elder sis:

I will get to watch the sneak preview tonight yay! but no mj goodies though =(

11:05 PM  
Blogger Audrey Tang said...

How come no goodies? Well, I didn't get the goodies either, just the poster :( Blek. But at least I got to attend the gala premiere!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home