Sunday, August 05, 2012

Cookin' in the Noe: Strawberry marshmallow meteorite biskies




Sooo... I overdid it on the fruits during last week's grocery run and bought way too much. How much? Err, 3 pounds of grapes, 2 pounds of strawberries, 2 mangoes, 4 navel oranges, some lemons and I can't remember anymore! So here I was staring at my box of strawberries and Zhuang's leftover July 4 marshmallows and craving baked goods. What's a girl to do but bake strawberry marshmallow cookies?
At least, that was the intention. But greedy ol' me put too many cookies in tray and when I pulled them out of the oven, Zhuang's first reaction was, "They look like meteorites!" I think I also put too much strawberries and didn't dry them enough (you're supposed to remove as much liquid from the strawberries before you mix them in) so my cookies turned out to be: Strawberry Marshmallow Meterorite Biskies, i.e. what happens when biscuits and cookies loved each other so much, they made baby Biskies. That's my excuse coz the texture is in between a biscuit and a cookie. It tastes way better than it looks!

I tweaked the recipe from Confessions of a Recipe Junkie by substituting all the sugar for brown sugar, so my biskies turned out a little darker and I didn't have a baking sheet or a proper cookie baking tray. Also put too much strawberries! So there, I love my strawberries. Also I forgot that the butter and egg was supposed to be at room temperature. Oh well, you still gotta love freshly baked cookies from scratch! Not bad for a first try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home