Sunday, May 08, 2005

Smooth as butter, they weren't kidding!

So here's the thing, I can't stand dry skin, on me or on anyone else. I was in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago, the desert weather was fantastic, warm enough to wear flip flops and skirts but not hot enough that you sweat like a dog. Unfortunately, the dry heat got to my skin and before I know it, my skin felt all scaly and icky. And this is not me being melodramatic, it was really really dry! So the next time you get dry skin or you want to feel the silky smooth skin of your partner, try these:

L'Occitane Almond Delicious Paste

This body scrub is amazing. I love the way it smells and feels on my body, nothing like a hot shower with the soothing smell of crushed almonds. Yup, the body scrub is actually made out of crushed almonds, it's very natural and it lasts forever! Which is probably it's a little pricey. A 7oz bottle costs US$32 but you don't have to use it everyday and you can use it to shave your legs too. Totally decadent, highly recommend this. I think it smells great on both men and women. I love the way it smells so much that I can't stop sniffing myself after a shower. Hahahaha....
For more info and more great products (by the way, I'm not getting paid for this, although I should, check out the L'Occitane web site.

Body Shop Body Butter

Now I know why they call it body butter! This is definitely intensive moisturizing. If lotion's not working for you, this is THE thing to try. Passion Fruit's my favorite scent, but it may smell a little too sweet for some people. The great thing about Body Shop's Body Butter is it comes in an amazing range of scents, from passion fruit, coconut, olive, papaya to shea butter (for a neutral scent). And it's totally affordable too. It's only US$16 for a 6.9oz one or if you just wanna try it, they have a smaller pack for US$7. It's a little sticky for day use (but I use it anyway) but great for night use. If you smooth it onto your skin and let it air for a while, the stickiness goes away. And I guarantee you, give it 3 days and you'll have buttery buttery skin! Body Shop has a ton of great stuff and if you're in the US, I suggest you get the Body Shop membership card too, great discounts and free stuff! Check out at store near you or The Body Shop Web site.

As you might have noticed, I'm currently obsessed with these two moisturizers and yes, having smooth skin. Think about it, if you don't like feeling your own silky skin, who will? Who doesn't wanna snuggle with someone who feels great and smells great? Love yourself!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kang said...

hello this is chern u might remember me as that lansi chic but im really not lansi asking your permission to link you actually ive linked you but if u dont like then let me know n ill take said link off say hi to zhuang.

11:27 PM  
Blogger The Professor said...

holy shit it's my cuz!! how ya doin sunshine?

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home