Friday, September 04, 2009

Kevin Smith on a 24-hour Twitter-thon on Labor Day!


Kevin Smith, actor/director/producer of movies like Dogma, Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob will be attempting to twitter-thon for 24-hours on Monday, Sept 7 to promote his latest book, Shootin’ the Shit With Kevin Smith. It's Labor Day in the US on Monday, so Smith will probably start tweeting late Monday night in Singapore time.

Shootin’ the Shit With Kevin Smith: The Best of the SModcast is a print version in script format of selected podcasts of SModcast, funny & randomly interesting conversations between Smith and his friend Scott Mosier about current events, pop culture and anything under the sun. And in line with his book, Smith will answer ANY question - so geeks, get your typing fingers ready!

I find Kevin Smith quite funny in a completely straight-faced kinda way, and you never expect a punchline from him. Smith kinda reminds me of a chubby Quentin Tarantino, but talks at human speed. Here's a taste of Smith's humor from the press release (yes, there was a press release - read the complete release over at /Film):

“This is not news at all. In fact, it’s kinda stupid. But I wanna see if I can do it. I’ve been training for this my whole life, simply by being a lazy fat-ass who’d rather stare at a screen than better himself with a brisk constitutional. Someone asked what my training regiment is gonna be, and I told them I’ve already stockpiled lots of Count Chocula.”

Read excerpts from Shootin’ the Shit With Kevin Smith.

Listen to SModcast: www.quickstopentertainment.com/category/smodcast/

Follow Kevin Smith on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ThatKevinsmith

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home