Friday, July 06, 2012

Trailer Talk: Total Recall

They're remaking Total Recall. Sigh. It's not that bad if you think about it, considering that the original Total Recall was made in 1990, that's at least a 22 year gap between the original and the remake; unlike the ridiculous remake of The Amazing Spiderman  with Andrew Garfield. I mean, hello, I'll be the first to say Tobey McGuire made a terrible Peter Parker but it's only been 10 years. For the record: I'm not a Spidey fan, never found anything "amazing" about a guy bitten by a radioactive spider.

I would have been 9 or 10 when the original Total Recall came out and I do recall (had to do it!) really liking it. I wasn't an Arnold fan but loved sci-fi and complicated story lines (I was 9, so give me a break) and I think it was quite different from the movies that were out at that tiime.

Colin Farrell replaces Arnold in the remake and when I saw the first trailer, the only reason why I would watch the remake is because John Cho's in it. Love John Cho, totes adorbs in his own squishy eyes kinda way. The second trailer (above) which came out a week back revealed more big names but the problem is, everytime a movie tries to pack in as many big name celebrities as possible, it's usually a sign that it'll be crappy and they're relying on the celeb's star power to put asses into cinema seats. There's a strong male cast sans Farrell -- Bryan Cranston, BIll Nighy (who was wonderful in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) but I can't say the same for the female cast. Who in the world thinks that Kate Beckinsale would make a good action hero? Len Wiseman, that's who. Beckinsale is also conveniently married to Wiseman, who's the director responsible for the Underworld series. Surprise! And Jessica Biel? Come on!

Ethan Hawke is also listed in the cast list on IMDB, but strangely, without a character name attached. Watch at your own risk of blahdom, opens Aug 3.

Posted via email from I am Audrey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home