Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sleepy afternoon at work

I'm sleeeepy, soooo sleepy. Having lasagna for lunch when you have to get back to work is not a good idea. Actually, going to work in general is not a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I don't my job (fine, my internship) but what I hate is not having anything to do - and it's days like this when I'm just bumming around, checking e-mails for the 100th time and blogging. Yes, blogging at work. The most frustrating part is that when it gets busy, it gets CRAZY busy. This is only my fourth week at Fleishman-Hillard and it's the only day where I've actually had time to do anything personal. Every day has just been deadlines back-to-back.

Then again, apparently the reason it's slow around here now is because it's summer and most people are out of their office. So while people are happily taking their vacations in some exotic country, I have to sit in my cubicle and pretend to work. Heh. Yes, I have my very own cubicle - with my name etched in it too. Exciting, huh? And from where I sit, if I arch my head in a certain position, I even get a view of the outside world! That's what you get when your cubicle is right across from the SVP/Partner's office.

Sooo...what's been happening at work? Well, I was chauffeured in a Lincoln Town Car to a meeting in Richmond, trying hard to get client interaction with Visa or Yahoo (according to other interns, client interaction is almost unheard of), worked on media outreach for Cathay Pacific and research projects for confidential new business clients that we're pursuing.

And there you have it, my wrap up for the past four weeks. And oh, I've been getting up at 6:30 am every weekday and in bed by midnight. Amazing. The good news is, using Yahoo IM is accepted in FH (because Yahoo is a client), meaning, it's time you logged on to your Yahoo Messenger if you want to bug me!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home