Friday, May 19, 2006

Wrap of the day

Quick wrap up for the day - I'm gonna keep this short and sweet coz my sister is watching "Days of Being Wild" and I can't be in the same room and not watch it.

Saw "The Da Vinci Code" today -- we bought tickets at 4:30pm for a 5:35pm show, didn't want to be part of the crowd but when you have nothing to do on a Friday afternoon, why not watch a cheap Ron Howard movie? Here's the thing, if you went in the theatres expecting a Ron Howard, Tom Hanks or Audrey Tautou, you will be disappointed. If you go in expecting to be entertained by a Catholic church conspiracy movie, then you'll probably get your money's worth. I have not read the book, and if I judge the book by the movie (which I won't), I don't see what the hype is about the Brown's book. I mean, what he did well was probably connecting the dots of rumors, conspiracy theories and historical incidents. I seriously don't think the movie deserved the serious bashing that critics have been giving it. To add to the fun, when I left the theatre, there was a handful of weird looking people prostesting the movie with stupid signs that read "Stop the blasphemy. Stop the Da Vinci Code." Here's what I think -- if your faith is so weak and fragile that you're offended by a piece of fiction, then man...you have serious issues. Seeing Audrey Tautou reminded me of how much I loved her and Jean-Pierre Jeunet, so I'm rewatching some of their old movies -- Delicatessen, A Very Long Engagement...

Cool news of the day -- Apple opened their super cool store on Fifth Avenue in New York. It's a 32-foot glass cube! The best part about it, it's open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! Woohoo, go Apple! Check out the live video of the line outside of the store at www.apple.com

Apple's The Cube
Apple Store on New York's Fifth Avenue

Oh, and I had a shrimp, sun dried tomato and mozzarella cheese pizza for dinner, and I laid my toaster to rest today, no thanks to my sister.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Professor said...

heya!

destroying kitchen appliances and setting things on fire is in the blood i'm telling you. I blew up a stove when i was cooking in australia :p

when did angie fly over?

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home