Friday, May 19, 2006

It can only happen to her



How bad can it be living with a 19-year-old? It can't be that bad if she's your sister right? Wrong. Don't get me wrong, I like my sister -- she's blood after all, but after living with her for five months, it really makes me wonder if we share the same genes.

Incident #1: She incurred a $25 penalty for overdraft in her checking account, all to pay $13 lunch bill. Totally normal, right? Yeah, if no one told her about it. But after repeatedly explaining to her how a checking account works, she still goes ahead and does it, but hey, it's happened to other people, although Zhuang and I have been here for three and half years and it never happened to us. Go figure.

Incident #2: I hear frantic banging on my room door in the middle of the night. See, when you're a deep sleeper like me, it's really easy to ignore noises but sigh, again -- I walk out of my room, only to realize that my sister standing at the doorway of our bathroom screaming. Yes, screaming at water that's flooding our bathroom, the corridor and slowly creeping down the stairs. Did she throw a towel to stop the water? Nope. Instead, she chose to stand there and scream. And, let me say that she's been using that bathroom for more than four months, and she knows that the toilet clogs easily and you should never flush repeatedly. Does she care? Nope.

Burnt bacon

Incident #3: I've always wondered why university housing don't allow students to cook in dorms, now I know. I hear my sister slam the kitchen door open, and guess what, she's standing at the kitchen doorway screaming and pointing at a fire in the toaster. Yup, Ms. Brilliant decided to leave bacon in the toaster oven on the highest broil setting about 500F and leave. Does she unplug the toaster to lower the temperature and stop the fire? Nope. She screams. And screams. Fine, she opened some windows. So there you have it, my $40 toaster oven is now a bacon crematorium. I've said it once, I'll say it again -- it can only happen to my sister.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home