Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Coffee Clicks!

  • Finally, the trailer to The Lovely Bones. Peter Jackson's new movie based on a book by Alice Sebold, about the restless soul of an 14-year-old girl who watch as her family deals with her murder. Beautiful book, and the movie looks promising. Is it just me, or why is Mark Wahlberg taking on more fatherly roles these days? [Apple Trailers]

  • Guillermo del Toro's The Orphanage remake gets a director. Why?! The 2007 original El Orfanato (The Orphanage) was creepy as hell, even though it was del Toro was only in a producing role, director Juan Antonio Bayona did a good job. Come on people, are you really that lazy to read subtitles! [THR]

  • Seriously? Robert Rodriguez's fake trailer turned movie Machete will star
    Danny Trejo (the REALLY rough looking guy in the trailer), Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Jeff Fahey. [ComingSoon.net]

  • New York Times' A.O. Scott and The Chicago Tribune's Michael Phillips to replace Ben Lyons and Ben Mankewicz as film critics and hosts of At The Movies, the ABC-produced syndicated movie review show made famous by Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel. While I do sometimes enjoy Scott's movie reviews in NY Times, I'm with /Film - do people still tune in to watch a 30-minute movie review on TV? Then again, if Scott and Phillips are doing an analysis of the movies rather than just thumbs up, I'm all for it. [/Film]

  • American Idol runner-up Katherine McPhee rocking an edgier look with bleached blonde hair. Someone needs to tell McPhee that she's no Gwen and people voted for her coz of her girl next door look. Oh well, we'll see. At this point, people are going, "wait, so who won that season?" Snore, oops soul patrol Taylor Hicks - bleurgh. [PerezHilton]

  • Zombieland red-band movie trailer [JoBlo]

  • Aww, more reasons to love Brad Pitt. “I have love in my life, a soul mate–absolutely. When someone asked me why Angie and I don’t get married, I replied, ‘Maybe we’ll get married when it’s legal for everyone else.'" Brad Pitt, on when he’ll marry Angelina Jolie. [Parade]

Coffee Clicks! is a compilation of random items on the web that catches my attention as I have my morning cuppa.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home