Thursday, July 30, 2009

When enough is enough

Sometimes the media goes overboard like a cat that refuses to let go of a dead canary once it catches it. They find something to talk about and go on and on and on about it. Worse thing is, there's no escaping it, short of watching National Geographic all day. Sigh. So here it is - top 3 things that are annoying the hell out of me and I'm declaring a news blackout on all of them. If you hear anything about Twilight, Michael Jackson or Susan Boyle, tell me at your own risk. I bite.


Anything related to Twilight - I don't care if Robert Pattison showers or if Taylor Lautner put on 20 pounds to take his shirt off in New Moon, or if Rob and Taylor were separated at birth but secretly in love with each other and conspiring to get rid of Kristen Stewart so they can have each other. I don't care. Twilight news is taking up too much space, in print and online. Arrrgghh. Jeez, vampires are supposed to burn in sunlight, not look like they just got bedazzled by their 5-year-old sister's glitter pen. If I were Joe Jackson, I would be more concerned about the fact that my face is melting and starting to look like a puddle of poo.


Enough with the Michael Jackson drama. Let the forensic doctors do their work and stop playing guessing games. I don't care Joe, Jermaine, Tito or Bubbles Jackson has to say about how/why Michael died. He's dead. And stop playing monkey with the kids. You didn't want them when Michael was alive, so stop pretending to want them now (and making up stories about secret sons). If anyone who "dances like Michael" is possibly a secret son, there would be secret grandfathers, brothers, nephews and grandchildren. Jeez.


Susan Boyle, or as Perez Hilton lovingly refers to as SuBo. Ever hear of 15 minutes of fame? Well, her 15 minutes were O-V-E-R after she "wow-ed" the judges on Britain's Got Talent the first time. Come on, the only reason why she's even in the news is because she's easily mistaken for Camilla Parker-Bowles (and trust me, that's no compliment) so no one expected her to be able to sing. But lo and behold, when she can sing, everyone can't stop talking about how talented she is. Pleaaaase. Granted that I give her props for having the guts to perform in front of an entire nation because I could never do it, but how did she expect the paparazzi to treat her once she became famous? Invite her to tea? Ish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home