Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mad Men Barbie


Yup, you read right. Don & Betty Draper, Roger Sterling and Joan Holloway are now part of the Barbie family. It's not for kids though - unless you're one of those parents who would like to explain to their daughters (or sons, I shall not discriminate) why Don isn't really Don Draper and how come they chose to feature Joan instead of Mrs Sterling, and well, the dolls are going for almost US$80 a pop!


I still think Barbie needs to improve on their male dolls - seriously, how in the world do the dolls look like Draper and Sterling? I haven't started watching Mad Men yet but have been meaning to. I've always had a soft spot for 60s fashion (minus the hippie look) and adore women in dresses. My pick from among the 4 Barbie dolls? Joan for sure, sassy. I secretly wish I was born with golden amber hair.
Oops, forgot to mention that the full story is available at NY Times, that's where the image is from too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Barbie DressUp said...

I have seen this one from other blogs as well. All I can say is that, it was really awesome figures!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home