Sunday, November 06, 2011

The Best Biscuits & Gravy Ever at Egg, Brooklyn



I love biscuits -- what's there not to love? Butterty, crumbly, baked goodness. Mmm... just the thought of regular biscuits makes me hungry. The biscuits at Egg even look good: check out the photo I "borrowed" from their Twitter (@pigandegg). Egg's Biscuits & Gravy is a bowl of everything that's good -- two (yes two!) pieces of the best homemade buttermilk biscuits you've ever had covered in the creamiest gravy with to-die-for pork sausage. You can opt for mushrooms instead of sausage, but I loved it so much, I even ordered a side of sausage - and trust me, no regrets! The sausages have a blend of spice in it that just takes the Biscuits & Gravy to a whole new level.

I ordered Egg Rothko because lots of websites were raving about it. It's an egg cooked in a brioche topped with Grafton cheddar, served with seasonal vegetables. Lucky me, it was summer and they had my fave vege - kale! But honestly, I would trade the Rothko for the Biscuits & Gravy anytime. And if you still have room - which I highly doubt if you actually finished the Biscuits & Gravy - get the pancakes with Vermont maple syrup. Definitely in my list of fluffiest pancakes ever.

If you're in visiting NYC, take the L train to Brooklyn and have brekkies at Egg. Stuff yourself silly and then walk off the calories shopping in Williamsburg. Totally worth it.

Egg at 135 North 5th Street, Brooklyn, New York
http://www.pigandegg.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home