Tuesday, December 11, 2012

GM Diet Day 1 & 2: Fruits & Veggies

NOTE: I've become increasingly frustrated with Posterous so this series may be my last via Posterous before I move back to Blogger. First it was problems auto posting to Facebook (and no reply from the Posterous Help team!), then it was not posting at all to Posterous. Case in point: I had published this post as Day 1 yesterday, only to find out today that it didn't post! Sigh, so I'm just going to add on Day 2 below.

Day 1: All fruit day

Sometimes, I wonder why I do these things to myself. Call it a need for control, call it utter randomness but every now and then, I try things just for the heck of trying it out. Like they say, don't knock it till you've tried it.

So today is Day 1 of me being on the GM Diet. Yup, "GM" stands for "General Motors" -- read more about it here: www.gmdietworks.com, along with all the potential insanity that I'll have to deal with the next 6 days. It's only a week-long diet but let me remind everyone that I will be sugar-free, carb-free, meat-free (forfor the 7 days, which can only mean one thing: Unleash the Audreyzilla, RARRRR! The good news is, I did some research and found that I can have black coffee so at least the caffeine headaches will be under control.

Today is fruit day, but no bananas or avacado (is this a fruit or veggies?). Those are my meals up top:
  • Lunch: Cup of black coffee. Pineapple, cantaloupe and blackberries. Thank goodness for pre-cut fruits.
  • Dinner: Orange, persimmon, cantaloupe -- who knew there were that many orange fruits? And my treat for today: toasteed pineapple with a dash of cinnamon.
OMG I'm totally craving a Big Mac. I haven't even craved fast food since being back in SF. This diet is doing crazy things to my cravings! Tomorrow is veggie day!

Day 2: All veggie day
As I'm reading ahead for Day 3, this is what the web site had to say about Day 2: "Day 2 can be really hard for some people." Oh really? Talk about understatement of the year! While I was hungry as hell yesterday night, today was near unbearable!
I honestly thought a salad day can't be that bad but boy, was it B-A-D. I've been feeling weak, tired, can barely focus and a serious need to eat something sticky & sweet with toffee and a lobster or crab, all to myself. Did I also mention that I'm super hungry? This entry is starting to sound like the last entries of a mad captain on a spaceship that's about to crash. "Captain's Log: Day 2 - The survivors are turning on to each other. Food is running low. The crew is starting to hallucinate."
  • Breakfast: Cup of black coffee. Sauteed mushroom and fingerling potatoes with fresh dill. So good to have some carbs in my body.
  • Lunch: GM cabbage soup. Recipe from GM, but I added kale and carrots. I think I nearly fainted from starvation waiting for the damn soup to cook in the slow cooker. Now I know why it's called a slow cooker. Because four hours to a starving woman who hasn't had any sugar or meat in 36 hours is an eternity.
  • Dinner: Had another bowl of the soup with a side of baked sweet potato fries, seasoned with paprika and black pepper. Might have a bowl of edamame for supper.
It probably wasn't a smart move of me to start the diet without weighing myself and honestly, I'm on the verge of giving up and it's only Day 2. Yesterday night, I could literally hear a hot cup of Milo calling my name in a low, husky voice and every part of my body weighs a ton today. I have doubts that this diet would work for me considering I have no idea how I'm going to pull off eating only beef and tomato on Friday at the company holiday party!
Note to future self: If you succesfully get through this week, no more mad diets. Please. No more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home