Monday, August 07, 2006

Strange fruit of the day: Pluot


Pluot
Originally uploaded by audreytmv.
So you would think that growing up in a country that calls durians the king of fruits and having tasted dragonfruits, nonas (aka sweetsop or custard apple) and cikus, you would think that I've seen and tasted it all -- apparently not.

Every Monday, my company has a box of fruits shipped in to us from The FruitGuys. What's cool is that you'll never know what you're gonna get. So instead of opting for a boring ol' banana, I've decided to try anything that looks or sounds weird. I had a squished plum last week that tasted a little fuzzy on my tongue, but decided to try my luck again today. I had a PLUOT, pronounced plu-out. It's a genetically engineered fruit, a hybrid of a plum and apricot. What's scary is that it's also known as a dinosaur egg -- creepy reference to extinction if you ask me. Anyway, it tasted pretty yummy, it look like an apple (I had the green looking one at the back), crunchier than plums but as sweet apricots.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home