Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife: New Poster!



Finally - new poster from The Time Traveler's Wife! It's not much but so glad to see more stuff from this movie. I can't pinpoint why I'm excited about The Time Traveler's Wife, but I am! Hate Eric Bana (wrote him off from Hulk) but absolutely love Rachel McAdams! Such a beautiful, talented young actor.

I could only figure out 2 reasons:
  • I'm a big fan of love stories that involve time traveling (except The Time Machine with Guy Pearce). Ok, fine - it's a niche genre but I adored The Lake House. I liked it so much, I even watched Il Mare, the original Korean version which The Lake House was based on.


  • UPDATE: Corrected by boyfriend, technically there was no time traveling involved in The Lake House or Il Mare, Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock's characters just lived in separate points in time and only their messages "traveled" through time. Boyfriend also notes that Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain and Hou Hsiao-hsien's Three Times both fall in the time traveling love story genre. I'm going to disagree with him on Three Times and I vaguely remember The Fountain, so I'm rewatching it - yay!

  • I'm attracted to love stories that may not have a happy ending. Baz Luhrman's Romeo & Juliet, Moulin Rouge, Ang Lee's Brokeback Mountain, Wong Kar-Wai's In the Mood for Love. With pain & sadness, love comes across as a much stronger emotion that the stuff you see on Valentine's Day.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home