Thursday, June 23, 2005

My random favorite word of the day

I was busy tickling my boyfriend yesterday and for some strange, unbeknownst reason, I stopped and asked him, "How do you say SQUEEZE in Malay?" Apparently, an 11-year education in Bahasa Melayu and an A1 in SPM for BM doesn't account for a lot after 6 years. So my dear boy decided to enlighten me, "It's PICIT." From then on, I just couldn't stop laughing. I walked around saying PI-CIT, PI-CIT, PEEEEEEEEE-CIIIIIIT. Adorable, eh? There's just something so graphic and illustrative about the word. I mean, say the word and the first thing that comes to mind is a ball being squeezed really really hard and the ends are nearly popping out of your hands. So there you have it, my random favorite word of the day - PICIT PICIT PICIT!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home