Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sephora ION: Crazylibellule, Burt's Bees and Bliss!

I love surprises and boy, was I was swooning when I popped by the new Sephora store over at ION. I wasn't expecting much because Sephora at Takashimaya was quite disappointing when it first opened, carried your usual departmental store brands, so snore!

But Sephora at ION? That's a whole different story! I was literally bouncing up and down, felt like a kid in a candy store - half the time, it did really feel like a candy store because some products looked & smelled good enough to be nibbled and the other half of the time, I felt like I was reunited with old friends. Sooooo good to see the familiar brands that I'm used to back in San Francisco, and here are some of my lovelies.


Crazylibellule and the poppies
I first found out about this solid perfume during an interview with style maven Antonia and completely fell in love with the packaging. The great news is, Sephora now carries the entire range of Crazysticks (that's what they call their solid perfume) from Crazylibellule and the poppies! Crazylibellule is a tiny French company, and they offer with a wide range of scents that contains no alcohol, paraben or artificial coloring. It looks like a finger-size mini deodorant stick but oh, the packaging - it completely oozes charm! I'm betting that you'll get lots of oohs and ahhs when you whip out your own Crazystick!

Who can resist names like Shanghaijava, Poule de Luxe and scents like Vanilla Lemon Pie (my favorite!), Litchi Blossom and In Your Arms, which contains sandalwood, juniper berries, peach & cedar? For the curious, "libellule" means dragonfly in French.


Burt's Bees
I love Burt's Bees! I swear by their Beeswax Lip Balm with Peppermint and have used it for more than six years - through cold New York winters, San Francisco's foggy summers and Singapore's balmy days. And lo and behold, Sephora's Burt's Bees range is mind-blowing! They carry almost the entire product range, from their basic skincare range to the Naturally Ageless products. Completely buzzing with excitement now that I no longer have to stock up on lip balm like there's no tomorrow every time I'm back in the States! Ooo, and it helps that Burt's Bees is another feel-good brand - all their products use natural ingredients. So natural, it's safe for babies! You can't say no to Rosemary Soap Bars, Lemon Poppy Seed Facial Cleanser and Banana Hand Cream!


Bliss
Ahhh...Bliss. The product name says it all. The New York spa brand's own range of products finally arrives on our shores. All I have to do is pop the covers of of any Bliss product and the scent transports me back to one of the calming, therapeutic spas. And no, lil' ol' me never had the chance to try one of their spa sessions, but I did hang out (as long as I could!) at the Bliss Spa at San Francisco's W Hotel when I was loading up on their products. With product names like FatGirl, LoveHandler, The Youth As We Know It and Soapy Suds - it's definitely products with attitude! I dare you to say no to their bath range, with smells like sage, lemon, blood orange, white pepper, bergamot - feels like I'm listing my favorite things!

And of course, Sephora also stocks Dr Hauschka, Frederic Fekkai, Too Faced and Bare Escentuals. I think I also spotted Cargo and Nars, but I could be wrong. Oh well, more reasons for another visit!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous gerberairis said...

hi!! does sephora Sell burt's bees repair serum? and is it in stock?? my mom is going to be in singapore on 11th.. if it's in stock, i wanted to ask her to get me some :D thanks!!!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Audrey Tang said...

Hello! Their Burt Bee's collection is decent but I'm
not sure if they have the repair serum. Do you live in Singapore? If yes, fastest way is to call Sephora at ION Orchard and check if they carry it. Sephora's number is +65 6509 8255. Hope this helps!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home