Monday, June 29, 2009

Micmacs A Tire-Larigot: New Jean-Pierre Jeunet film!

UPDATED: 7 new teaser trailers from Twitch!


Are zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes? Is scrap metal worth more than landmines? Can you get drunk from eating waffles? Can a woman fit inside a refrigerator? What’s the human cannonball world record?

Yeah...that's part of the French synopsis for my fave director Jean-Pierre Jeunet's new film, Micmacs A Tire-Larigot. For those who know Jeunet, you probably know what to expect and the synopsis will barely raise an eyebrow. Most people will know Jeunet from Amelie, but from what I can tell from the trailer (from Twitch), I think Micmacs A Tire-Larigot will be closer to his older works such as The City of Lost Children and Delicatessen than Amelie.

According to Babelfish, Micmacs A Tire-Larigot roughly translates to mean "An Intriguing Car Larigot" -- my French is awful but somehow I don't think that sounds right. /Film says that the movie is a satire on the world arms trade and it's a story of a guy with a bullet in his brain. Synopsis according to IMDB: A man and his friends come up with an intricate and original plan to destroy two big weapons manufacturers.

If I had to choose, I'm a bigger fan of Amelie and A Very Long Engagement, which I recently re-watched. Although all of Jeunet's films share the same quirky vein, Amelie and A Very long Engagement were "prettier" and I love the use of colors in both movies. I'll definitely catch Micmacs A Tire-Larigot if it ever comes to Singapore, but I won't expect a beautifully shot piece, but more of a a grittier, darker quirky piece.

Check out L'Express for more film stills and on-set photos.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home